This trick comes from one of my colleagues. When developing Sitecore applications you need to turn the asp.net (w3wp) process constantly. To kill the process, open the command line and write the following:
C:\Windows\System32\taskkill.exe /IM w3wp.exe /F
The taskkill.exe needs to run in administrator mode.
To fully automate the process you should:
- Create a .bat file with the command.
- Add a shortcut to the desktop (right-click the .bat file, choose “Send to->Desktop (create shortcut)”).
- Right click the shortcut on the desktop.
- Choose “Properties”.
- Select the “Shortcut” tab and click the “Advanced” button. Select “Run as administrator”.
- On the same Shortcut tab you may also choose a shortcut key. I use CTRL+SHIFT+ALT+K.
So whenever I press CTRL+SHIFT+ALT+K my Sitecore website is turned. Simple and easy.