If you have ever tried to implement your own Sitecore item:saving or item:saved event handlers, or have tried to extend the SaveUI pipeline, you might have noticed that the events gets fired twice if you click [CTRL]+[S], but only once if you click the [Save] button.
If this happens to you, check the Save button chunk in the CORE database.
- Go to /sitecore/content/Applications/Content Editor/Ribbons/Chunks/Write/Save
- Find the “Key Code” field.
- Clear the field
It seems that the key code c83 will activate the SaveUI pipeline on [CTRL]+[S] even when Sitecore already called it.
MORE TO READ:
- Intercepting Item Updates with Sitecore by John West (old article, but will still work for Sitecore 9)
- Create and publish items in Sitecore by briancaos (another old article that still works even in Sitecore 9)
- Hooking into Sitecore’s save pipeline by Søren Kruse (and yet another old article that is still valid)