Legal NoticeThe opinions expressed herein are my own personal opinions and do not represent my employer’s view in anyway.
- An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
- Sitecore Hiding items: Clean up the cluttered content tree
- Unable to read data from the transport connection: The connection was closed
- Reading mails using IMAP and MailSystem.NET
- Sitecore Links with LinkManager and MediaManager
- Response.Redirect throws an "Thread was being aborted"
- Sitecore how to make the experience editor a great experience for your editors
Tag Archives: datasource
Or: How Sitecore DMS and Personalization killed the Sitecore.Context.Item. This post is about how to properly ensure that you get data from the correct item when you develop websites that can be personalized. The Sitecore.Context.Item returns the current item, i.e. … Continue reading
This quick tutorial will guide you trough your first Sitecore Page Editable Component. The Sitecore Page Editor is build around the concept of components. A component is a reusable piece of data that is parred with a sublayout and placed … Continue reading
How do you get the Sitecore Sublayout from a Usercontrol? A Sitecore Sublayout (Sitecore.Web.UI.WebControls.Sublayout) is a container for your Usercontrol (.ascx) page. Therefore the Sublayout is retrieved by typecasting the parent to a Sublayout: Having the Sublayout in hand enables … Continue reading
In Sitecore you can apply a datasource to a sublayout when adding it to a template/item. But the datasource is not automatically used. Your context will not change to the item specified in the datasource. The datasource is therefore not … Continue reading