Legal NoticeThe opinions expressed herein are my own personal opinions and do not represent my employer’s view in anyway.
- An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
- Using C# HttpClient() from Sync and Async code
- C# Using Newtonsoft and dynamic ExpandoObject to convert one Json to another
- Response.Redirect throws an "Thread was being aborted"
- Unable to read data from the transport connection: The connection was closed
- Sitecore Links with LinkManager and MediaManager
- Unable to serialize the session state. In 'StateServer' and 'SQLServer' mode
Tag Archives: session
When working with the .NET session state you should bear in mind that the HttpContext.Current.Session cannot be transferred to another thread. Imagine that you, from the Global.asax would like to read the SessionID each time a session is started: To … Continue reading
Have you ever wondered why the session is NULL when a request begins? The answer is simple: The Application_BeginRequest() event is fired before the Session_Start() event. The BeginRequest() event is fired for each request as the first event. The Session_Start() … Continue reading
I recently had to do some performance and stress tests on a Sitecore 6 website. But no matter what I did, the Perfmon showed 0 sessions. At first I blamed the built in session handling in Sitecore, where Sitecore persists the … Continue reading
As described in this MS article (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/323752) embedding web sites in framesets will disable the usage of session variables due to a security issue. The real question is why you ever wish to embed a website in a frameset, why … Continue reading