Legal NoticeThe opinions expressed herein are my own personal opinions and do not represent my employer’s view in anyway.
- An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
- Unable to read data from the transport connection: The connection was closed
- Reading mails using IMAP and MailSystem.NET
- (System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlIframe) is not compatible with the type of control (System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlGenericControl)
- Response.Redirect throws an "Thread was being aborted"
- Using Sitecore Field Validators
- Sitecore and xDB - Setting up MongoDB on your developer machine
Tag Archives: sublayout
This is a followup from the post, Get Sitecore placeholders and rendering hierarchy from a Sitecore item, where I adress one of the difficulties when working with pages in Sitecore, that they tend to get very complex as one page may … Continue reading
This article explains how you can get the hierarchy of placeholders and render them to your screen for debugging or documentation purposes. The Sitecore rendering engine allows you to place sublayouts inside placeholders. These sublayouts can contain more placeholders, thus … Continue reading
One of the features that Sitecore introduced somewhere in the Sitecore 6.x range is “Layout Deltas“, the possibility to merge an item’s layout details with the layout details on the item’s __Standard Values template. It means that you can add sublayouts to the __Standard … Continue reading
Or: How Sitecore DMS and Personalization killed the Sitecore.Context.Item. This post is about how to properly ensure that you get data from the correct item when you develop websites that can be personalized. The Sitecore.Context.Item returns the current item, i.e. … Continue reading
How do you get the Sitecore Sublayout from a Usercontrol? A Sitecore Sublayout (Sitecore.Web.UI.WebControls.Sublayout) is a container for your Usercontrol (.ascx) page. Therefore the Sublayout is retrieved by typecasting the parent to a Sublayout: Having the Sublayout in hand enables … Continue reading
In Sitecore you can apply a datasource to a sublayout when adding it to a template/item. But the datasource is not automatically used. Your context will not change to the item specified in the datasource. The datasource is therefore not … Continue reading