Legal NoticeThe opinions expressed herein are my own personal opinions and do not represent my employer’s view in anyway.
- Using C# HttpClient from Sync and Async code
- An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
- Response.Redirect throws an "Thread was being aborted"
- Sitecore 9 Tracker.Current.Session.Identify is replaced with Tracker.Current.Session.IdentifyAs
- C# Using Newtonsoft and dynamic ExpandoObject to convert one Json to another
- Sitecore Paging SOLR Responses
- Unable to read data from the transport connection: The connection was closed
Tag Archives: Personalization
This Sitecore Personalization Rule was developed by my colleague Martin Rygaard with the purpose of being able to personalize on any field in any facet on a contact. STEP 1: CREATE THE CONDITION Create a new “Condition” below /sitecore/system/Settings/Rules/Definitions/Elements/??? The text … Continue reading
Feature flags are a software development best practice of gating functionality. Functionality can be deployed “off”, then turned on via the feature flag, separate from deployment. With feature flags, you can manage the entire lifecycle of a feature. Launchdarkly.com In … Continue reading
My Sitecore CD servers logged the following errors 2-3 times per minute: 7760 11:10:46 ERROR Failed to update profile pattern Exception: System.ArgumentNullException Message: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: item Source: Sitecore.Kernel at Sitecore.Diagnostics.Assert.ArgumentNotNull(Object argument, String argumentName) at Sitecore.Analytics.Data.Items.ItemRecords`1.<GetDescendants>d__8.MoveNext() at … Continue reading
Or: How Sitecore DMS and Personalization killed the Sitecore.Context.Item. This post is about how to properly ensure that you get data from the correct item when you develop websites that can be personalized. The Sitecore.Context.Item returns the current item, i.e. … Continue reading