Legal NoticeThe opinions expressed herein are my own personal opinions and do not represent my employer’s view in anyway.
- An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
- Unable to read data from the transport connection: The connection was closed
- Reading mails using IMAP and MailSystem.NET
- (System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlIframe) is not compatible with the type of control (System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlGenericControl)
- Response.Redirect throws an "Thread was being aborted"
- Using Sitecore Field Validators
- Sitecore and xDB - Setting up MongoDB on your developer machine
Tag Archives: Personalization
My Sitecore CD servers logged the following errors 2-3 times per minute: 7760 11:10:46 ERROR Failed to update profile pattern Exception: System.ArgumentNullException Message: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: item Source: Sitecore.Kernel at Sitecore.Diagnostics.Assert.ArgumentNotNull(Object argument, String argumentName) at Sitecore.Analytics.Data.Items.ItemRecords`1.<GetDescendants>d__8.MoveNext() at … Continue reading
Or: How Sitecore DMS and Personalization killed the Sitecore.Context.Item. This post is about how to properly ensure that you get data from the correct item when you develop websites that can be personalized. The Sitecore.Context.Item returns the current item, i.e. … Continue reading